JPEGS have turned into 'Quick Time' pictures!

Vulcan 21:43 23 Dec 08

I have a fairly substantial library of pictures that I have built up over some years. These are either digital camera pix or scanned images, all of them having been through Photoshop and saved as JPEGS. I have recently discovered that without exception, they have all now turned into "Quick Time" pictures. Firstly, what are Quick Time pictures, secondly, why has this happened, and finally, how can I convert them back into JPEGS? I'm totally baffled!

Technotiger 21:47 23 Dec 08

Try right-clicking on one of the pics and then choose Open With ... and you should be able to open them with whatever program you normally use to view the pics - also set it as the default open program.

bremner 21:48 23 Dec 08

It is unlikely they have changed extension it is more likely that jpegs have become associated with Quicktime.

In Explorer go to Tools > Folder Options > File Types and check what application is associated with jpg and jpeg and change it if it is Quicktime.

GANDALF <|:-)> 21:49 23 Dec 08

Right-click on any image - choose 'open with' - click on 'choose programme' - click on the programme that you want to open them and MAKE SURE that you tick 'always use this programme' - click OK

G

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The updated 'Corel Painter inside Photoshop' plugin ParticleShop offers new brushes

Best running headphones | Best sport & fitness headphones: 4 brilliant pairs of wireless…