JPEG - windows 3.11

BIG ben strikes 10 12:53 20 Jun 04

hi all,
i would like to view my JPEG picture files on my winodws for workgroups 3.11 laptop.
i am unsure of what program i should use to view it in becouse i have tried pretty much all of the of the applications in windows 3.11 trying to open JPEG files.how can i view them on winodws 3.11?.thanks alot.ben

Eric10 13:03 20 Jun 04

If you only want to view them you can use your web browser if you have one. Just drag a jpeg and drop it into the browser window or type the path and filename of the jpeg into the address bar.

BIG ben strikes 10 13:18 20 Jun 04

no browswer.sorry.thanks

pj123 16:43 20 Jun 04

Have a look here and see if there is anything to interest you. click here

Valvegrid 16:44 20 Jun 04

You can download a copy of Internet Explorer 4.01 for windows 3.11 from here:

click here

It may do the job.

BIG ben strikes 10 09:50 21 Jun 04

thanks but i hope the file isn't to big becouse i do not have the internet on my 3.11 so ill have to use my desktop to download it and copy it to my laptop.problem is it only has a floppy drive. ill still try.thanks

Pj123 -
i will try your link later but i am using the school workstations and they don't allow me to view the link.thanks.wish me luck.thanks for all help

Valvegrid 10:08 21 Jun 04

The file size is 1.4MB, so you might just sqeeze it on a floopy, I should think you can because it was a time before CD were common place.

Good luck.

pj123 10:13 21 Jun 04

The link I posted looks to me like an Education site so you may be able to get permission to view.

Here is a short summary.

LVIEW PRO

Shareware. This is an image file editor for Windows 3.1, Win32s and Windows NT. It was written by the same author of LVIEW. Lview Pro displays/saves image files in .jpg, .gif 87a/89a, .tif(f), .bmp, .pcx, .pbm, .pgm, .ppm and .tga formats. It requires a 386 or better CPU and a SVGA card. It certainly has better quality than Lview and can perform more functions.

There is a lot more info on the site.

Sethhaniel 10:17 21 Jun 04

My 'OLD' laptop was unable to view *.jpg because of the limits of the screen (VGA or EGA)and colours it could display etc - no matter what software was put on

BIG ben strikes 10 20:14 30 Jun 04

hi all,
i have done a bit of testing
and i have downloaded a "converting" program
i have converted my jpegs to BMP and can view them on my laptop.
thanks for all help

Sethhaniel-
you were right only some of the pictures could be viewed becouse such colours didn't display.
however i have found by pressing the screen in you can see some of the original colours
isn't this odd???

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…