JPEG, tif ?

curlylad 17:21 15 Feb 04

I need to send a photo to a website and it says that they will only accept JPEG , however when I view my photos that are stored it says they are 'tif'.I am new to the whole photos and scanning, JPEG's and the like so can someone tell me is there a way that I can perhaps change tif to JPEG or is there any other way I can do this ?
Thanks in advance .

Patr100 17:31 15 Feb 04

Irfanview from click here

VoG II 17:36 15 Feb 04

THe IrfanView site seems to be down but you can get it if you click here

Open your image in IrfanView then use Save As from the File menu to save as a jpg.

curlylad 17:38 15 Feb 04

Link didn't work , can you check it for me please.

Diemmess 17:42 15 Feb 04

At the same time, since this is for web publication, bear in mind the need for the final jpg, jpeg, to be small enough to send in reasonable upload time, so the conversion application has to be used to take care of this as well.

Its not that difficult when you have hands-on, just save your precious original by making a "save-as" duplicate before you play with conversions and the rest.

arricarry 17:52 15 Feb 04

Hello - If you need to resize and change format,you might consider a simple photoedit software package with some means of pixel manipulation to achieve this. Diemmess is right, save your originals.

curlylad 18:34 15 Feb 04

All useful info for future reference , excellent as per usual.VoG , your link did the trick , thanks all again.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Amazon Fire HD 8 review: A brilliant combination of function and value – with one massive caveat

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to create an introvert-friendly workplace

iPhone 7 review: Enhanced cameras, a refreshed design and water resistance make the iPhone 7 an…