JPEG to PDF- so many options-which is best?

buel 18:57 28 Oct 13
Answered

Hi, I have 20 JPEGs that I want to save/convert to a PDF/PDFs so I can send them to be printed (long story but they do have to be PDFs). I have seen many online free converters but I wondered which ones you guys recommend?

buel 20:42 28 Oct 13

Anyone, please?

buel 20:42 28 Oct 13

Anyone, please?

john bunyan 20:47 28 Oct 13

I have Photoshop (it comes in various costs etc) which will do it. Not sure about free ones - will look up Paint.net

wee eddie 20:59 28 Oct 13

Why do you want to do this?

The concept of a PDF is that any text is fixed and unalterable as is the layout. As a JPEG is, effectively a photo, any text, and layout, on it is also unalterable.

buel 21:05 28 Oct 13

Why? Because the company who will turn the scans of text that I have in to a binded book and they only accept PDFs.

So any ideas then. please?

buel 21:09 28 Oct 13

Just in case anyone is interested, this seems to do the job well:

click here

hssutton 21:11 28 Oct 13
Answer

I was also wondering why you would want to do this. However Photoshop is ideal for doing this CS2 is available for free, but may be overkill for what you want. You can download it from adobe,but you do have to register. Read about it here Photoshop CS2

SimpleSimon1 09:56 29 Oct 13

As someone else said, Photoshop will do it but is probably overkill if you'll never use it, otherwise. Although I use Photoshop, when I need to quickly convert something to pdf, I use PDF reDirect (Click Here). It has a freeware version which suits my needs, is dead easy to use (installs as a virtual printer), is stable and just works!I've never noticed any conversion degradation so it's probably worth a look

wee eddie 10:46 29 Oct 13

I noticed that you wrote "Scans of Text". Many Scanners will Save as a PDF

Batch 14:18 29 Oct 13

Could you insert the jpegs into a Word type document and then convert that document to a PDF?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

Where HTML5 is headed next

MacBook Pro v Surface Pro 5