JPEG missing

mtall 20:56 03 Oct 03

How can I get my images on the computer to open/save as jpeg again? Help

mtall

VoG II 21:00 03 Oct 03

Please explain your problem in detail.

woodchip 21:06 03 Oct 03

in Windows Explorer click on an Image then hold the shift key down,Right click on the file and choose the program you want to open with, tick the little box at the left so that it always opens with the program. If you cannot see the program that you want to use, click on brows to find the program

woodchip 21:07 03 Oct 03

When you right click choose always open with

mtall 18:48 05 Oct 03

Thank you all. Explaining in details. installed a trial program which took control of saving and opening my images on the computer. When I uninstalled the program I was no longer able to open images as they required the program I uninstalled. I tried as woodchip advised but I could only find windows imaging program which is not to good. Despite saving scanned images as jpeg imaging program takes over.

mtall

canard 19:32 05 Oct 03

Had similar and worked round it it with Irfanview click here and putting JPEG in the file associations.

mtall 18:09 07 Oct 03

Thank you Conard. Irfanview works better than Imaging but it is not any where near jpeg. And my worry is, will the people I send picture over the internet or on CDs saved with Irfanview be able to open them without this program?

Thanks again

btall

Simon_P 18:32 07 Oct 03

There shouldnt be a problem as long as the people you send to can open a jpeg/jiff file.
I doubt that there are many, if any PC's that cant do this with some program or other.

If you right click a jpeg and select open with option, and then choose program,(say windows picture and fax viewer) make sure that always use this program box is selected, then that program will be accociated with Jpeg's. So will be the default program to open your jpeg's.

Hope that this helps.

woodchip 22:03 07 Oct 03

They should also open with a browser

canard 11:33 08 Oct 03

Mtall don't quite understand "Irfanview works better than Imaging but it is not any where near jpeg." You can save your pics in a great variety of formats in Irfanview and their jpegs are the same as any other Jpegs. Are you perhaps into using lossless jpegs? If so you need the advice of our graphics whizzes.

dave h 11:54 08 Oct 03

I think Simon 7063's advice is correctfor XP, but as I recall the process is slightly different in earlier versions of Windows.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…