JPEG images

cinabar 11:28 05 Dec 03

I store all my photos as Jpeg images. I have been told that each time I open a Jpeg file the image degrades.
Is this true , and if so, what do I do to correct it?

powerless 11:30 05 Dec 03

You've been told a lie.

keenan 11:42 05 Dec 03

I was,nt aware this could happen, However click here

Diemmess 11:56 05 Dec 03

Most of the worthy software saves without compression or at least gives you a choice.

There are other formats for the purist, but "jaypegs" aremost widely used for transfer between applications and fine for most purposes including ambitious picture making

Pesala 13:23 05 Dec 03

Each time a JPG file is SAVED, it CAN degrade, but if no major changes are made to it, then opening and saving it repeatedly at the same compression level makes little or no difference. The file does not degrade on being OPENED.

pj123 13:33 05 Dec 03

The only time a jpeg image degrades is if you make any alterations to it and resave it. The way I go is. Make a copy and save it as a .tif file. Then make any enhancements you need to and save. You would need photo editing software though, like Paint Shop Pro or PhotoShop

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…