JPEG Image recovery

amonra 17:22 06 Jul 07

I have just recovered some accidentally deleted photos off a memory card using a program called "Digital Image Recovery" as recommended by Woodchip some months back.
I have all 20 photos in a folder and each has a thumbnail named "cluster XXX.jpg" showing clearly what's what. BUT, when I try to open them with my normal viewer (PSP) it throws up the message "This is not a valid JPEG/JFIF File ! I've tried all my other imaging software but still cant open them.
What has gone wrong ? and your suggestions please, it's driving me bonkers !

brundle 17:25 06 Jul 07

The data has been overwritten, the recovery wasn't successful. There are lots of alternatives but no guarantees;

recuva ; click here
pc inspector recovery ; click here
pci smart recovery ; click here
drive rescue; click here

amonra 20:03 06 Jul 07

BRUNDLE
Thank you brundle, after a lot of trial and error and downloading different progs, I did manage to get the files saved.

amonra 20:09 06 Jul 07

^

VoG II 20:34 06 Jul 07

Do you have Microsoft Office? If so, I've found that Microsoft Photo Editor can recover corrupt files. I don't think that this is installed by default but should be in Microsoft Office > Microsoft Office Tools on the Start menu.

amonra 20:53 06 Jul 07

VOG
Thanks, never thought of that. I've had enough "playing" for today so wont be trying it again tonight !

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sony Xperia XZ Premium review: Hands-on with the new 4K HDR phone with Motion Eye camera and Snapdr5…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best laptop for design and art 2017: we test Apple, Dell, HP, Lenovo and Microsoft's best models…

CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: Get the most from…