.JPEG ICONS, Look like explorer icon

User-312386 11:37 31 May 03

Hi folks

I have a problem, my .JPEG Icons now look like internet explorer ones

Any ideas how to get round this fix

image attached click here

whats your operating system and have you rebooted since, this is one of those problems that tends to go away by itself unless the files have somehow become associated with IE

AndySD 11:48 31 May 03

Hold down the Shift Key and Right click on one of them...choose open with ...choose the correct program tick the always box click ok.

or

Go My Computer choose View then options then file types scroll down the list ...I think you can figure the rest out.

User-312386 11:58 31 May 03

Ok i know they are associated with IE!

But the icon should be red with something on it, when viewing it in a folder

I know it is associated with IE, but i want the old red image back, as it is hard to tell which files are which

Windows XP, Amd 2200 512mbddr ram

I forgot to say that i had to uninstall Front page and then re-install it.

keep your hair on madboy,
as andysd says change the file association right click the picture go to properties and change the opens with program, installing frontpage probably changed a few of your file associations.
this problem can occur, but obviously not in your case, out of the blue . for instance after playing certain games my system has a hard time recovering and some of the icons on the desktop get jumbled up and wrong but a quick reboot sorts it all out.

User-312386 12:51 31 May 03

if anyone else has this problem heres what to do

Go to Control Panel > Folder Options > File types

now click on the JPG/JPEG image file, select advanced, then select change icon and then add the line

shimgvw.dll

this will restore the .jpg icon

madboy33

User-312386 12:55 31 May 03

here is the screen view now click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Christmas Agency Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…