Jpeg files

pj1664 10:54 02 Feb 04

I dont seem to be able to see any e-mail
attachment that has a Jpeg file attach to it. I am able to download this e-mails but the above files can't seem to open up. Do I need to configure my mail setting In any way? Do I need to download any files in order to view this files?
Please advice. Much appreciated.

Stuartli 11:19 02 Feb 04

When you click on the attachment in the field it should open up a panel asking if you wish to open the file or, alternatively, save it to disk.

I have Irfanview as my default viewer and, on clicking to open the file, it comes up using Irfanview.

If you haven't got Irfanview, go to: click here to download it - don't forget to download all the codecs as well...:-)

Stuartli 11:31 02 Feb 04

One other point. Have you checked in OE's Tools>Options>Security tab that the Do not open any attachements that may contain a virus" is not enabled?

This should be disabled permanently as it is very inefficient and good anti-virus software will prevent any problems.

Also ensure that OE's Preview Pane is permanently disabled - this is a key source of a virus being allowed to do its dirty work.

pj1664 18:15 03 Feb 04

Thank you Stuartli, it worked.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…