jpeg default

algernonymous 13:21 13 Jul 06

I recently did an AVG scan and when it had finished, all my jpegs logos had changed to an expired trial program I had looked at (602 office suite). How do I change them back so they open in IE? OS is 98se. Thanks.

NewestRoyWidd 13:26 13 Jul 06

Which viewer do you normally use?Usually if you open that and set file associations to include jpegs,that does the trick.

algernonymous 13:31 13 Jul 06

If I just wanted to view a file before (not edit it) it would open in Internet Explore.

algernonymous 13:31 13 Jul 06

Explorer.

VoG II 13:39 13 Jul 06

Hold down Shift and right click a jpeg. Select Open With, browse to select the program you want and tick 'Always use this program to open this type of file'.

NewestRoyWidd 13:41 13 Jul 06

Ok,it may be easier if you get a viewer program,try these which are free click here
click here

NewestRoyWidd 13:42 13 Jul 06

VoG™ beat me to it,the choice is yours,his idea is the better option though.

algernonymous 13:59 13 Jul 06

Saw VoG's suggestion elsewhere on this site, however 'open with' does not appear on the menu.

VoG II 14:03 13 Jul 06

Hmm it should work click here

I'm not sure if this will work with Windows 98. Right click a jpeg, select Properties. Does it show Opens with' with a Change button?

NewestRoyWidd 14:03 13 Jul 06

I use Irfanview as my default viewer and find it to be good.Like you algernonymous,I'm on 98se too.

algernonymous 14:16 13 Jul 06

Re Irfanview, which I've got, when I open an image in this it's massive, I guess there must be a way to make it open smaller ie so it fits the screen?
I would just like to know how to make the default back to IE, however I'm not at home at the moment so will try VoG's answer later.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sony Xperia XZ Premium review: Hands-on with the new 4K HDR phone with Motion Eye camera and Snapdr5…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best laptop for design and art 2017: we test Apple, Dell, HP, Lenovo and Microsoft's best models…

CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: Get the most from…