joystick will not calibrate

sittingduck 22:11 29 Aug 06

JS281 - PC PRO Flight

I have just bought logic 3 js281 Flight stick, this joy stick uses the plug and play windows installer so no drivers for it. I have plugged in the usb plug the pc found the joystick but when I went to calibrate it the up down motion was not detected. All ather funtions work ok.

Diversion 22:31 29 Aug 06

Have tried the game controlers in the control panel.

sittingduck 22:37 29 Aug 06

Thats where the calibration is done, thanks for the reply anyway.

Diversion 22:44 29 Aug 06

It should calibrate, try a different USB port mine doesn't work on four of the six USB ports that I have on my PC. I think some have a power supply to them.

woodchip 22:50 29 Aug 06

Check device Manager to make sure it as loaded drivers for the stick. Look for yellow icons

sittingduck 23:31 29 Aug 06

Diversion
I will try the rear ports (at work so cant do until morning)

Woodchip
the drivers have laoded ok as its just the up down motion that will not work, wont work in game either but all other motion abd buttons workfine.
(this will teach mw to buy cheap brands lol)

think i should have got the logitech pro or the saitek evo.

woodchip 23:35 29 Aug 06

Looks like a Duff Stick

sittingduck 23:49 29 Aug 06

I hope so, better that than my pc, when I first installed it I made the circle motion you have to do to calibrate but the + symbol kinda jumped a little when I pushed the stick up then it stopped going up or down.

woodchip 23:52 29 Aug 06

Would say a bad connection on the cable plug or stick

sittingduck 00:31 30 Aug 06

Well back to the shop in the morning i'll let you know if a new one works,

Thanks for the input

fazer 13:23 30 Aug 06

sittingduck

Have you made sure that you are using the same USB-type socket? Your joystick may be USB 2 - you need to connect accordingly.

Can you "assign" the control from within the PRO flight programme? (this is possible in Flightsim. but do not know your programme).

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Intel Coffee Lake 8th-gen Core processors release date rumours

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Framestore’s haunting post-WWII title sequence for new BBC series SS-GB

How to install MacOS Sierra on an older Mac: Get Sierra running on Macs & MacBooks from before 2009