Joypad installation.

I`m trying to install an old joypad I found at the back of my cupboard. Last time it was installed was under win98 but Xp appears insistant on having an installation disk (the joypad never came with one as far as I remember).

I`m sure that with win98 you could just choose a generic joypad and Bob was your uncle.

I know this will probably be embarrassingly simple to solve but any advice appreciated.

Megatyte 11:51 10 Jul 03

What make and model of joypad is it?

AH

unfortunately many old peripherals will not work under XP , if you can remember the manufacturers name (or if there's a sticker on the bottom) visit thier website and see if there is a new XP driver for it. i would counsel you now not to hold your breath in anticipation as its relativelt unlikely.

I`m at work at the mo and can`t remember what its called, its certainly not one of the usual/common makes.

Megatyte 12:12 10 Jul 03

If you can't find XP drivers then see if there are any Win2000 drivers available. They should work.

AH

Thanks will try all of the above, if not its new joypad time.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…