Joining photos

saxman 16:06 27 Oct 06

I have an old black and white photo, taken in 1945, which is just under A3 size. I have scanned it in two parts and printed it on separate sheets of A4 paper. I overlapped the two prints and taped them together and obtained the whole. Is there a way where I can stitch the two files together digitally and obtain a single file for the photo. I have 'Paint Shop Pro 8' but cannot find a solution. I have used my digital camera and obtained a copy but I would like to try another method which would be handy for panoramic photos. Can anyone please advise

anskyber 16:18 27 Oct 06

Any good? click here

terryf 16:19 27 Oct 06

I saw something somewhere but being aged can't remember, try a google for 'photostitching software'

oldal 16:19 27 Oct 06

Irfanview has a facility for joining pictures . Its a free download from - click here Click on Image/Create panorama image.

woodchip 16:31 27 Oct 06

The word is Stiching

terryf 16:34 27 Oct 06

I always stitch things together

Vangeliska 16:34 27 Oct 06

You DO mean "Stitching"? lol

terryf 16:34 27 Oct 06

PS google recognises photostitching

anchor 16:46 27 Oct 06

Try Autostitch, which is available free, (it says demo, but works fine.) You should play around with the output settings to get quality results.

click here

Some time ago, Pixaround used to give a free veriosn of Pixmaker called PixMakerLite. I still have a copy on a server I use; (guaratneed no virus).

click here

anchor 16:58 27 Oct 06

I do quite a lot of panoramas and find that another good one is Photovista. Not free, but a free trial is available.

click here

(ps: excuse the spelling in my last post; did not check it first).

anchor 17:02 27 Oct 06

One final thought; to make a satisfactory panorama with any of these stitching programmes, you do need an overlap. 25% is ideal, but I would say 15% is the minimum

You will possibly need to re-scan your original A3 B/W photo to make an overlap.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation technologies coming to Siggraph 2017

iPad Pro 12.9 vs Surface Pro 5