joining partitions

Revi 22:51 08 Apr 04

I have two partitions in HDD, C & D. How do I join them to make them only C?

Indigo 1 23:03 08 Apr 04

Which O/S ?

Indigo 1 23:03 08 Apr 04

FAT 32 or NTFS ?

dazzling (work) 23:07 08 Apr 04

if you boot to your windows cd assuming your using xp it will take you to setup from there you can delete the partitions and reformat as one big drive.if your using 98 youll have to boot from floppy and use fdisk to destroy paretitions and then format remember to reboot after using fdisk before formatting or changes will not take effect.all of these methods are desttive and you will need to reinstall everything if you want to avoid this you need partition magic which will let you do it without destroying your data.darren p.s. whats wrong with having two partitions?

Revi 23:24 08 Apr 04

It is XP Pro

Revi 23:26 08 Apr 04

How do I boot from my XP pro CD?

dazzling (work) 23:31 08 Apr 04

take a look here post back if unsure and someone will talk you through here .darren

Revi 23:31 08 Apr 04

What is wrong in having 2 partitions? It's giving me a headache everytime I want to download a program. I get a message that both the partitions lack ENOUGH SPACE for that program to download!

dazzling (work) 23:34 08 Apr 04

how bigs the hard drive? you must be downloading a big program?sorry these days you tend to assume most people have at least 40gb of hard drive and its not always the case.darren

Revi 23:40 08 Apr 04

The hard drive with 2 partitions C & D is 120GB.

dazzling (work) 23:48 08 Apr 04

what are you trying to download a jcb?you should be able to download anything.darren unless youve filled up the harddrive of course.if this is your problem it may well be worth starting a new thread.if you create a folder on your desktop call it downloads and point the download to it it should go there regardless of the will only have problems if you dont have the free space on the patition.right click on the partition in my computer click properties and it will tell you how much free space there is.darren

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Switch price…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Photoshop video tutorials: 8 video tutorial websites for Photoshop

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…