Jinxed ????

ray27 16:43 13 Jun 03

Is it just me or is this the normal way things go with this computer thing.
I have only had this computer since March and already I have reinstalled Windows XP Home.
Reinstalled countless programs and drivers and downloaded all the critical updates and Service pack1 twice, due to the hard drive having to be replaced.

Then I find this Forum to help me sort things out, as technical support can?t seem to bother and what happens, that throws a wobbly.

But of course with my track record I think it must be ?The Thing? that?s causing it
and spend a lot of time trying to work out what the problem is only to realise that it?s not me this time, or is it?
I think I must be a jinx.
I decided to open an account with NTL dial up 24/7 so that I could use the e-mail a lot more than I used to ,I was on btinternet pay as you go which worked fine but was expensive .

Now NTL e-mail appears to be up the duff.

I cannot receive or send , well that?s not strictly true I can send after a few try?s but it doesn?t get to where it has been sent and I do receive some mail but they can be three or four days old .
I keep getting the message that THERE IS NO NEW MESSAGES when I know there is as I sent some to myself.
I opened an MSN account three day?s ago so that I could e-mail NTL but I have had no reply at present.

And just to put icing on the cake as I turned ?TheThing? on just now it would not boot up to windows but instead asked me to put the recovery disk in.
I panicked at this and turned ?The Thing? off and than turned it back on again and it booted up OK.
I am going away for a week to lovely weather and try to get a normal life back .
Am I jinxed or is this the sort of thing I have to except as normal?

Gaz 25 17:12 13 Jun 03

I think PC's have these periods where they have problems.

Just peices of electicals, dont rely on them too much.

Agent Smith 18:46 13 Jun 03

It's about Karma. Your PC needs to be loved, don't call it 'the thing', it gets upset and the only way that it can let you know how upset it is, is by not behaving. Walk up to your lovely computer and talk to it nicely, buy it presents like a nice soft cloth to keep its' monitor clean and perhaps a larger mat for its' mouse to play on. Then before you switch it off give it a kiss goodnight. e-mail me at [email protected]

ray27 19:46 13 Jun 03

Struth mate I don't even treat the wife like that but there again I don't spend the same ammount of time with her.

I will give your recomendations a try and see how "The TH..." whoops sorry "Seven of Nine" behaves . When you think of it if you look at it with the lights off and squint your eyes there is a bit of resemblence to her .

Agent Smith 10:35 14 Jun 03

Seven of nine HHHmmmmmmmmmm

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…