jetway v266B

Bluescreen 18:24 11 Jun 03

Hi everyone.

Has anyone had any experience with this mobo?I was considering it for a cheap build. It seems very overclockable with the good old 266 Via chip.For £50, it seems a better buy than a Pc chips board or a cheap ECS. Any comments/ Or does anyone have a better rec for £50.

Thanks all

Dave

jbaker65 18:50 11 Jun 03

Hi Dave, I've been using a Jetway 266b for about 9 months. I'm only running an Athlon 1.7gig Processor but I've never had a moments problem with it. I don't know if you will call this a recommendation, but I'm certainly satisfied. Incidentaly my mobo, case, processor, 256meg 133 sdram, cooler and floppy drive cost less than £150 from Eclipse computers. all other parts came from my old computer so it was a cheap upgrade.
regards, John.

Rayuk 18:56 11 Jun 03

I believe Asus have started producing budget motherboards under the name of Asrock.Seem to be getting good marks.

Have seen them on
click here
they are also on their today only page[11thJune]

Rayuk 18:59 11 Jun 03

A little info on Asrock
click here

Quiller. 19:08 11 Jun 03

This one has a 266b mobo in. It has never hickuped in the last 12 months. I can honestly find no fault with it. I have built two others with the same board. Both solid as a rock.

Recommend it to anyone.

Quiller. 19:12 11 Jun 03

Oh just one word of advice.

If you wish to use it's own bios flash operation "winflash". This will only work with 98\me. It is not designed to work with X\P.

Bluescreen 22:11 11 Jun 03

Thanks all for the advice. I have read a few tests on Asrock. They seem to be reliable, but the price has come down because of what they have left out.Looks like I'll go for a ride with Jetway as they seem well spec'ed and no one seems to have a complaint. I have also heard that they are used in a lot of mass produced pc's. Should be a good sign!

Once again, Thanks

lixdexik 23:21 11 Jun 03

with an athlon 1600 xp but it did not work well with my win 98, seem'd to get a lot of blue screens and freezing. I now have win xp pro installed and have not had any trouble since.

Cheers Lixdexik.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…