jetaudio

hugh-265156 00:59 18 Sep 03

i downloaded jetaudio after seeing some good coments about it on the forum click here and i cant play any reavideo with it even though in preferences/file types its selected.for example i cannot play any content fron the bbc news if i click watch listen click here or any realvideo stream on any site?any ideas what the problem could be?i am using xp home and on ntl 600k.thanks

Chegs ® 07:43 18 Sep 03

click here Get RealAlt instead,it IS the codecs from RealOne without the puter takeover.

john-232317 07:56 18 Sep 03

Click the video or audio buttons below.

The one you are clicking is the RP download button....;-o

rawprawn 15:27 18 Sep 03

I had a similar problem, I recorded some swing music from BBC, & although everything seemed OK There was no sound at all. I don't understand Chegs link all I am getting is a page of gobbledygook. I would be very interested if someone can help

john-232317 15:35 18 Sep 03

Chegs link goes to kazaa lite.....ouch

SEASHANTY 15:39 18 Sep 03

Also could not get the Jetaudio player to play any video from the BBC site. Trying to view the hurricane pics but had to use the Real player. JetAudio is a recommended download in the current issue of ComputerActive mag out today.

hugh-265156 17:43 18 Sep 03

ok i eventually got it to play using the links at the bottom right of click here but this took four or five attempts to connect,the screen blanked on the first few tries.when it did play the video quality was very poor.i can not find any options to set up connection speed etc?

Chegs ® 19:38 18 Sep 03

Yes,I know the site is called kazaalite,but in the "DOWNLOADS"(lefthand side)third one down in the list is "Real Alternative" Thats the file you need.Just out of interest,the site also offers an alternative to QuickTime(not sure which version of QuickTime it replaces?)

hugh-265156 23:41 18 Sep 03

after much faffing about with jetaudio i tried the codec pack and the windows basic player from Chegs ® link above.found it connected ok but the quality of streaming im afraid to say was very much like that of jetaudio,almost as if i was using dial up.i have reinstalled realone player. for me it gives much better quality and to be quite honest has never caused me any problems after a bit of tweaking the settings.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

Where HTML5 is headed next

MacBook Pro v Surface Pro 5