jet1037.tmp

pienter 15:18 11 Feb 10

Advanced Disk Cleaner has identified a file jet1037.tmp which it is unable to remove. The only reference to this file on Google is an article in German which appears to relate to someone having a problem with malware, though not necessarily with this file which merely occurs in a HiJackThis listing. Does anyone know anything about jet1037.tmp?

Technotiger 15:24 11 Feb 10

Try running Ccleaner, with just its default settings.

click here in case you don't already have it.

pienter 22:35 11 Feb 10

I have run Ccleaner but C;/windows/temp/jet1037.tmp was not removed. Contrary to my original message, the file was discovered by Registry First Aid not Advanced Disk Cleaner. Sorry about that. I would still like to know with which programme jet1037 is associated.

Technotiger 22:46 11 Feb 10

Afraid I don't know what the file refers to or belongs to, but as it is a Temp file have you tried deleting the Temp Folder at C:/WINDOWS/Temp ....

pienter 22:10 12 Feb 10

It isn't possible to delete either the file or the folder; the reason given is that the file is in use. Meanwhile I have found that the number after jet changes continually so the file appears to be deleted and produced in a different version. One correspondent on another techsite says that it is linked to the MS Jet Engine. It seems to be harmless so I thnik I shall ignore it. Thanks for the help.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

An overview: What leading creative agencies are doing to improve diversity

New iPad, iPhone SE & Red iPhone 7 on sale now