Jet Audio help please...

nick_j007 10:47 13 Jun 06

I have been trying very hard to record live streaming content from the BBC using Jetaudio.

I have followed other threads here, and I have selected all types of files to be associated to the programme, and selected RealMedia under the Encoder tab.

It seems to make no difference as to whether I use Line in, rear mic, or microphone.

I can save the file as I record it, but when I play it back it is silent.

I picked up that someone could only record if they chose 'Listen in standalone player' this makes no difference for me.

I'm on XP with a bang up to date system (Dell 9150).

There is one thing happening that is giving me cause for concern however...

I will often get a message coming up saying
"To play/create real media files, real media runtime files are needed. Do you want to download it now? Yes/No.

Real media is fully up to date on my PC. BTW.

When I click YES, I can see a download box that is showing some attempt at downloading a file that reads "Saving JetaudiTU2.ts1" Then nothing happens, and I'm no further ahead.

I have uninstalled/reinstalled Jetaudio but this makes no difference.

Hope someone can offer something up on this?

Regards,

Nick

Diodorus Siculus 10:53 13 Jun 06

Why not give Real Alternative a shot?

Free-Codecs.com :: Download Real Alternative 1.48 : Real Alternative will allow you to play RealMedia files without having to install RealPlayer/RealOne Player
click here

pj123 11:04 13 Jun 06

Open Jetaudio. Go to Preferences, File Type Associations, and on the right hand side window Select Check All, then Update and OK.

Next, go to Recording, and select Stereo Mix and on the right hand side under Target select the Folder to save it in. The default is My Documents but if you click the the square box with the dots in it you can browse to whatever folder you like.

I don't have Real Player on my PC (too intrusive). I have Real Alternative as Diodorus Siculus suggests.

€dstowe 11:15 13 Jun 06

I use the "Stereo Mix" in Jet Audio as the input for recording sound from the BBC streams.

nick_j007 11:57 13 Jun 06

Thanks folks, have followed all of that, but can not see Stereo Mix anywhere.

It's not in the SOURCE or ENCODER section.

The drop down box in SOURCE says SigmaTel Audio, then with Line in, Rear Mic, or Microphone as options.

Will Real Alternative play Real files then as they stream on line?

Cheers,

Nick

Monoux 12:33 13 Jun 06

This might sound daft but you have tried the up & down arrowws next to the source list haven't you. In my case Stereo Mix is the second entry on the list but is out of sight if I can see microphone in the list. Also just to the right of this selection box is a slider control which is used to adjust recording volume obviously make sure this is set at least half way up its run

Diodorus Siculus 12:48 13 Jun 06

[quote]Will Real Alternative play Real files then as they stream on line?[/quote]

Yes, via a simple media player program.

nick_j007 15:34 13 Jun 06

This might sound daft but you have tried the up & down arrows next to the source list haven't you. In my case Stereo Mix is the second entry on the list but is out of sight if I can see microphone in the list. Also just to the right of this selection box is a slider control which is used to adjust recording volume obviously make sure this is set at least half way up its run
~~~~~
Pt.1.
I would ideally like to keep Jet Audio and Real Player.
There is definitely no option for the Stereo Mix you are referring to and this must be my problem.
Why isn't it there?!

All I have is Line in, rear mic, or microphone.

Confused and frustrated now.

Pt.2.
I have removed Real Player, and installed Real Alternative as per your suggestions thanks, but I cannot seem to get this working either.

Wish this was easier!

Nick

pj123 16:16 13 Jun 06

What version Jetaudio do you have?

In my version 6 Basic under the Recording Tab the Source box shows my Sound card, (which in my case is SIS 7018) but underneath that I have another box with:

Line in

CD Audio

Stereo Mix

Video

Phone

Aux

Microphone

Maybe it would be worth uninstalling Jetaudio and download and install it again?

nick_j007 16:31 13 Jun 06

6.2.6.8330 Basic

I did reinstall it last night, worth another try though?

Nick

pj123 17:27 13 Jun 06

Interesting, my version is 6.2.2.6826, downloaded it years ago. Maybe I should update my version, or, should I stick with the old adage, "if it ain't broke, don't fix it"???

Do you want to have a go with my version? I still have the zip file on my hard disk. I could email it to you to try?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…