to Jester 2K 11 about grisoft?

dfghjkl 21:22 03 Oct 03

hello i see you recomend grisoft avg in several threads,can this be run with norton 2003?i am reformatting at the week end and i would like to know wether to install my copy of norton 2003 and grisoft,or would i get problems running the two together.if i can only run one i guess i will run norton 2003 as i already own it,but is it better than grisoft?thanks

Wes Tam ;-) 21:32 03 Oct 03

Sorry, I'm not Jester 2K, but I think you'll have problems trying to run the 2 AVs together.

Although I now have AVG (which adequately does the job) IMHO I think Norton is better.

I used it previously but ran into compatibility problems with another application and eventually abandoned it.

Djohn 21:42 03 Oct 03

I'm not jester either ;o) but agree with Wes Tam ;-).

Better to run just the one, save any conflicts. I like AVG though, mainly because it's free and so are all the updates, and it's never let me down.

I have never used Norton products but have heard they're very good but a little demanding on your system. This should not cause any problems if all your specs. are up to standard, CPU MEM. etc. j.

dagbladet 21:44 03 Oct 03

Same here. My new machine came with Norton installed and it is better than AVG. However, my second machine has the free AVG 6 and i'm quite chuffed with it.

dagbladet 21:47 03 Oct 03

Forgot to say, I'm not Jester.

graham√ 21:50 03 Oct 03

I'm not Jester, either.

Ernest Shuttleworth.

powerless 21:51 03 Oct 03

Think i should get the new name... Jester 3K

GANDALF <|:-)> 21:52 03 Oct 03

'My new machine came with Norton installed and it is better than AVG'....how?

' However, my second machine has the free AVG 6 and i'm quite chuffed with it'...eh?

G

dfghjkl 22:30 03 Oct 03

thank you for your response,i guess i will stick to norton.as i am sure you know that i only asked for Jester because i know that he knows the product,no offence to anyone else,i wont tick thread until Jester has read it (it would be rude not to)thanks again

Bagsey 23:13 03 Oct 03

Norton is great until you forget or become to mean to buy the update then AVG becomes very much better. I have got to say I really like the good Yorkshiremans price and the regular updates.

dagbladet 23:30 03 Oct 03

'My new machine came with Norton installed and it is better than AVG'....how?
It updates itself.

' However, my second machine has the free AVG 6 and i'm quite chuffed with it'...eh?

erm... i have an old machine that I use at my secondary domicile that I use for browsing the web...I have AVG installed and i'm...erm...quite chuffed with it

Which part are you struggling with ???

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

iPhone 7 review: a range of small updates add up to an excellent phone

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How New York’s Stylin’ Seniors became a golden social media campaign

23 Apple Watch tips & secret features: Master your Apple Watch, Apple Watch Series 1 or Apple…