Jerky playback of video on home CD

3wheeler 17:09 22 Feb 03

Having made a video with a digital camcorder and processed it in an editing program and transfered it to CD I find that it will not play correctly. It replays in fits and jerks, apparently leaving out short pieces of film with the sound track complete but slightly distorted.
However if I transfer the file from CD back to the PC and then play from this it plays as it should. Any suggestions?

hamelin 17:33 22 Feb 03

How fast is your cd player? it sounds as if the info is not getting form you cd to video card fast enough.

hamelin 17:35 22 Feb 03

I miss the "r" out of "your" with alarming regularity when typing... ;-)

Stuartli 18:24 22 Feb 03

I presume you are talking about a standard CD player rather than a CD-ROM drive?

In that case it may not be recent enough to cope with later technology.

3wheeler 19:29 22 Feb 03

Registered Users Area > Discussion Forums Update details | Log out

Helproom add response | start new subject | view all subjects

Jerky playback of video on home CD
[1]
3wheeler Sat, 22.02.03 | 17:09
Having made a video with a digital camcorder and processed it in an editing program and transfered it to CD I find that it will not play correctly. It replays in fits and jerks, apparently leaving out short pieces of film with the sound track complete but slightly distorted. However if I transfer the file from CD back to the PC and then play from this it plays as it should. Any suggestions?
My CD-RW is a HP 12x8x32x

daveb11 19:45 22 Feb 03

What playback software are you using? I have a similar problem with wmplayer playing jerky film but they play fine on other software ie: Power DVD xp or Divx player 2.0 Alpha (Divx or Xvid on latter only).

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Hands-on: Acer Predator Triton 700 review

D&AD Awards 2017: see the best design, advertising, illustration, animation and VR of the past year

How to lose weight with an Apple Watch