Jerky playback of video on home CD

3wheeler 17:09 22 Feb 03

Having made a video with a digital camcorder and processed it in an editing program and transfered it to CD I find that it will not play correctly. It replays in fits and jerks, apparently leaving out short pieces of film with the sound track complete but slightly distorted.
However if I transfer the file from CD back to the PC and then play from this it plays as it should. Any suggestions?

hamelin 17:33 22 Feb 03

How fast is your cd player? it sounds as if the info is not getting form you cd to video card fast enough.

hamelin 17:35 22 Feb 03

I miss the "r" out of "your" with alarming regularity when typing... ;-)

Stuartli 18:24 22 Feb 03

I presume you are talking about a standard CD player rather than a CD-ROM drive?

In that case it may not be recent enough to cope with later technology.

3wheeler 19:29 22 Feb 03

Registered Users Area > Discussion Forums Update details | Log out

Helproom add response | start new subject | view all subjects

Jerky playback of video on home CD
[1]
3wheeler Sat, 22.02.03 | 17:09
Having made a video with a digital camcorder and processed it in an editing program and transfered it to CD I find that it will not play correctly. It replays in fits and jerks, apparently leaving out short pieces of film with the sound track complete but slightly distorted. However if I transfer the file from CD back to the PC and then play from this it plays as it should. Any suggestions?
My CD-RW is a HP 12x8x32x

daveb11 19:45 22 Feb 03

What playback software are you using? I have a similar problem with wmplayer playing jerky film but they play fine on other software ie: Power DVD xp or Divx player 2.0 Alpha (Divx or Xvid on latter only).

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…