jenoptic 1.3 digital

deggers9294 03:04 08 Jun 03

i just use this for pc viewing, i noticed that that shutter does not actually open till 1.5 secs after the button is press this is confirmed by the flash also, is this normal for a digi camera

Stuartli 09:04 08 Jun 03

Most digital cameras have a small delay between pressing the shutter button and the actual shot being taken, although your time seems a little long.

It's very disconserting for those of us who have been used to film cameras for many years, especially the between lens shutter types, which operate virtually instantaneously.

Such delays can mean the difference between getting, for instance, that facial expression you thought you were capturing and missing it altogether.

Another reason could be that you have the camera set to prevent red eye - an initial sequence of flashes are rapidly set off before the actual picture is taken.

Funny thing red eye - my Minolta Dimage E203 manages to produce it even virtually side on to the subject if flash is used.

Yet shots with a Nikon SLR with the flash held a couple of feet away from the camera are usually red eye free...

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…