Jaz Drive not being seen under Windows 98

ajm 23:31 26 Jul 04

I have fitted a SCSI 2GB Internal Drive connected to a Adaptec 2930C PCI SCSI Card on a Windows 98 ( dont know if its 98SE or not) System running AND Athlon 1GHZ, 256MB.

The SCSI Card picks up the Jaz Drive under the SCSI Configuration. I have installed the Iomega Software under Windows 98, but the SCSI Drive is not seen at all.

The Iomega Software installed software that has Iomega Ware for Windows 95. Could that be the cause of the problem?

Any help appreciated!

Eric10 11:09 27 Jul 04

I used to run a Jaz drive under Windows 98 and it didn't need any special drivers for it to be recognised. If the drive is a new addition rather than an existing drive that has developed a fault then it may be a setup problem. Have you terminated the SCSI chain beyond the Jaz drive? Is the SCSI card appearing ok in device manager? You can check your version of Windows 98 on the General tab of the Properties of My Computer. If it's Second Edition it will say so. If it just says Windows 98 then it's the earlier version.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Google Allo? What is Google Duo? Google Allo UK release date rumours and features: Google…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These clever designs help visualise a complex intelligence tool

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…