JavaScript Rollover style changes

JoJoJo 14:00 19 Feb 03

I have designed a web page that has got a menu frame. This menu contains a table of text with links used to change the page displayed in the main frame. I want these to work like rollover buttons. I can achieve the rollover effect I want by making each button as a jpg (one for the onMouseOver state and one for the onMouseOut state). However, since each button is essentially the same (in terms of the onMouseOver background and the onMouseOut background), having so many jpgs is adding unecessary download time to the site. What I want to do therefore is to set the cell background to change when the mouse rolls over it, so that I only need to save two jpgs (one background for onMouseOut and the other for onMouseOver) and the button text can remain as formatted text in the cell. Can anyone tell me how to do this?

tran1 17:29 19 Feb 03

What program are you curently using to create your website?

tran1 17:32 19 Feb 03

One way could be to use Layers. You can have a layer over each button with a behaviour to change the button image (rollover).

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…