Javascript problem in Internet Explorer

Pesala 18:19 15 Nov 03

I can no longer reply to messages on MSN group message boards. I have tried restoring IE defaults, but don't know what else to try.

Anyone know the cause?

VoG II 20:46 15 Nov 03

I assume thast you've tried click here

Pesala 21:02 15 Nov 03

I haven't tried click here either.

I assumed that this was a problem with Internet Explorer options or something, as it used to work fine.

VoG II 21:07 15 Nov 03

You said Javascript errot - I pointed you at download though I was sure that somebody of your ability would know how to find it.

I suggest we go back to square one and try a repair of Internet Explorer click here

Pesala 21:10 15 Nov 03

While trying to solve someone else's problem here, I changed my Security setting to High in Internet Explorer. That apparently stops Javascripts from running. Putting it down to medium solved the problem.

Pesala 21:15 15 Nov 03

From My Link

Contrary to popular misconception, JavaScript is not "Interpretive Java". In a nutshell, JavaScript is a dynamic scripting language supporting prototype based object construction. The basic syntax is intentionally similar to both Java and C++ to reduce the number of new concepts required to learn the language. Language constructs, such as if statements, for and while loops, and switch and try ... catch blocks function the same as in these languages (or nearly so.)

Java and Javascript are different technologies from different developers. Your link seems to point to the Sun website, and is about Java not Javascript, AFAIK. I'm not 100% sure either. It is easy to confuse the two.

VoG II 21:16 15 Nov 03

I know nothing. Forget it.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch Surface PC live stream | Surface PC release date, price, spec rumours: All-in-one…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Photoshop video tutorials: 8 video tutorial websites for Photoshop

Apple's event invitations decoded: A look back at 16 of Apple's most cryptic invites | Clues in…