Javascript help??

Raquelmanny 22:40 31 Jul 04

Hi,
I have recently had to reformat my computer. Since then the internet has not worked right. I either get web page cannot be displayed or your web browser does not support javascript. I have tried to download java but it wont, saying proxy settings wont allow it. This is all a bit confusing for me. Any help greatly appreciated.
Raquel.

johnnyrocker 22:43 31 Jul 04

do you have any anti spyware/firewall which might be blocking it?

johnny.

Raquelmanny 22:48 31 Jul 04

I have zonealarm and norton internet security 2004 installed, but I had them installed before and never had a problem.I have tried disabling them and still get the errors. Although norton is a pain for not working right. Any ideas Johnny?

gudgulf 22:50 31 Jul 04

What os are you using?

VoG II 22:52 31 Jul 04
  Raquelmanny 22:54 31 Jul 04

Xp home edition

Chegs ® 22:56 31 Jul 04

Zonealarm can be a git,even disabled/uninstalled.There is a webpage detailing its safe removal,if your net then works,use another firewall.
click here

gudgulf 23:13 31 Jul 04

If you have reformatted ,have you fully updated Windows.Especially do you have service pack 1?

I only ask because there was a phase just prior to sp1 when javascript wasn't included in windows xp.It should be available through the normal windows update procedure now.

Which version of java are you trying to download?

Raquelmanny 23:19 31 Jul 04

yes i have downloaded all the updates. And not sure which java i need to download. I just went onto the java site and tried to download.Any downloads available elsewhere? have enabled scripting etc in IE properties but nothing.

Dan the Confused 00:14 01 Aug 04

Did you try a manual Windows offline installation download? click here

Raquelmanny 00:32 01 Aug 04

Hi dan thanks that installed ok. But still getting the error messages. Any more thoughts. About to drop kick the computer out of the window!!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…