Javascript & E-Mail ?

KW2K 10:55 27 Nov 04

Hello ! I'm wondering if anyone knows how to carry out the following task: On my web site I have a form which can be filled in with various details, then when the submit button is clicked, I want the contents of the form to be e-mailed to my account. I'm sure it can be done with javascript, but don't know how ! Any advice on this much appreciated !!

Regards.

barryoneoff.co.uk 11:13 27 Nov 04

you simply use the mailto: command, but this may cause a pop up warning to the user that they are allowing their email address to be known.

You would be better off using a simple PHP script (providing you host allows PHP).

KW2K 11:22 27 Nov 04

Hi, thanks for the reply. I have used the "mailto" command and it does pop up a window, this will be ok for the purpose i want to use it for, however it still does NOT attach the contents of the form to the e-mail, any ideas ?

Thanks Again !

barryoneoff.co.uk 12:54 27 Nov 04

but I always use PHP on my sites. You could also use CGI scripts, your host may supply a ready to run library of these, but to customise to your own input use PHP.

KW2K 23:18 27 Nov 04

ok, first of all,i'm trying to find out what php does ! Just learning HTML at the moment! Secondly, how would i integrate this into my html code ? and thirdly, what code do i use ? my domain hosting supports php. Any info on this much appreciated !
Cheers !

barryoneoff.co.uk 00:14 28 Nov 04

Take up too much space here.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…