Javascript

Squib 15:28 18 Dec 05

I went to Magix helppage to get advice but got blank page.......saw caption which says "Enable Javascript and if still blank page instal Java " now I found one place to "enable" but this poor old brain is unable to find a download which says 'to download java' there seems to be a lot of it about but not anything I think I want. Can anyone out there help, please? That is in terms a dim old 75 yr old can follow.

VoG II 16:31 18 Dec 05

click here click on Download Now, top left.

Squib 17:06 23 Dec 05

Thank you for your reply, VoG,...but....the site suggested installing latest Activex prog....then said there was a problem with my system and gave up. I looked at Manual Installation and got a confusing array of programmes. Perhaps I should give up! CP

VoG II 17:17 23 Dec 05

You want either of the first two in this list click here

I would go for the second one. Save the downloaded file somewhere convenient (like the Desktop). Double click it to install Java.

961 17:25 23 Dec 05

If you have Spywareblaster or similar installed on your computer it is possible that Java is disabled which may be the problem referred to

Options in Internet Explorer security settings can also prevent active x

Lots of info at click here

Squib 16:20 29 Dec 05

I am very grateful to get all your suggestions, and I shall be looking at them when I am allowed the time to play with this computer. Thanks again! CP

Squib 15:42 20 Jan 06

The second site was just what I needed, VOG, thanks to you and 961, I am getting things going at last......I hope! CP.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…