keverne 21:19 02 Apr 04

click here says Javascript is enabled.

click here says it's not because I get a grey box with a red X in the top left-hand corner.

I agree with the latter because when I go to click here and click on the 'Shop' link at the top of the page nothing happens. Right-click and ask it to open link in new window results in 'The page cannot be displayed'.

I'm using WinXP Pro and have checked all the security settings and IE6.0 options comparing them with another machine which does handle Javascript pages OK but I still can't get it to work.

Disabling Norton Internet Security makes no difference either.

I need some fresh ideas and this is the best place I can think of to ask.

Over to you!

SANTOS7 21:24 02 Apr 04

turn off any popup blocker you may have and try again

keverne 21:27 02 Apr 04

No popup blocker other than Norton which as I said I've disabled.

keverne 22:31 04 Apr 04

7057.4 in reply to 7057.3

Well after blaming Javascript I've finally established that my fury in abundance should be pointed towards Norton Internet Security 2003.

The Javascript links I mentioned were actually wrapped up in popup environments and Norton was blocking them even though I had disabled every option I could find.

Tonight I've discovered that only by stopping the package from running at startup I can access those sites.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Switch price…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Photoshop video tutorials: 8 video tutorial websites for Photoshop

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…