java2 update to IE6

MickE1 12:45 07 Feb 05

I wsa looking at a site called Housecall a virus checker from Trend Micro. It suggested I needed to update java from 1 to type 2. I did this and the virus check still did not work. But....
I found my browser and broadband got much faster !
I have been using BT Yahoo broadband and thought searching a bit slow. The Yahoo browser is bolted on to IE6 which I suppose uses Jav 1?
Anybody understand all this stuff and why I had to find out by accident ?

JIM 13:37 07 Feb 05

if you had an other browser like firefox you may have been prompted to upgrade your Java.

Trend have likely suggested you to upgrade as they were unable to download the applets and files to scan your system for viruses/trojans.without it.

(DID YOU HAVE POP UP BLOCKER ON ?)

"virus check still did not work."Have a look in the ie internet properties to see if Trend succeeded in there download of files in the first place.

ie internet properties,right click,to open up,then setting tab to view Objects and look for Trend micro and for Java Active x controls.

Unless you have other problems stopping you from being able to be scanned online.

What is Java? tongue in cheek,+ click here

That a question that always used to float around my mind somewhere near "What are anti-lock breaks?" and "What happens to all the letters when I delete them from my computer?"

That was until we decided to bring P3Expeditor to the Macintosh. Soon we discovered this marvelous programming language, Java. The idea behind Java is that any program written in Java could be run on any computer without customization. What a novel innovative idea!

Turns out that "any computer" really means any computer equipped with a "Java Virtual Machine" which converts Java instructions ("Byte Code") into instructions that the computer can understand. And for our purposes that works since both Windows based PCs and Macintosh computers (along with Linux and Unix) have good Java Virtual Machine that either comes with the operating system or can be installed.

The result is that P3Expeditor for the Mac, Mac OSX and Windows are virtually the same. The screens look the same, the application works the same way and we have many fewer headaches as a result. The benefit for you the consumer is better service from us, easier transitions between machine types and lower cost overall.

MickE1 14:08 07 Feb 05

jim,
thanks for info. But why does it make my browser faster ? just quicker because its newer ?
Any decent browser would have instructed me to update. So anyone running slow should check their java situation.
I was thinking it was BTs fault and cosidering a change to Firefox. Maybe more trouble. My other option was to dispense with the Yahoo browser, which I pay for, and bolt on Maxthon. As long as they work as quick or more so than the yahoo/BT/java 2.
Mick

MickE1 08:47 09 Feb 05

Jim or whoever,
any response to my last comments ?

JIM 13:58 09 Feb 05

bump up

ACOLYTE 16:08 09 Feb 05

Why use the BT browser anyway i to have BT broad Band and use IE6 for browsing with sun java 1.6 and the Trend site runs ok for me.I think i only used the BT one once that was when i first installed the setup.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…