java wont work

soapydodger 23:48 27 Jul 03

I down loaded java plug-in 1.4.1 but cant get it to work.

I use IE6 and did use plug-in 1.3.1 wi#hich worked fine but when i try to re-download that the save target as option does nothing.

I have enabled java thru internet options and Norton.

Valvegrid 07:00 28 Jul 03

I had exactly the same the other day after I had installed 98lite. It wouldn't even pick up Java after a repair to IE6, so I uninstalled it, then reinstalled it back. If you want to try a repair first, go to Add/Remove in the control panel and click on remove a box appears with the option to repair. If you've uninstalled and want to reinstall it go to Windows and you should have a file called 'Windows Update Setup Files' which contains all the cab files for IE6, double click on ie6setup.exe and it'll reinstall IE6 and it should pick up Java that way.

^wave^ 07:57 28 Jul 03

there is something about java and windows not using it now you might try getting java from sun

Valvegrid 12:38 29 Jul 03

You've ticked resovlved, so can we assume that this is the case? It would be nice to know the outcome so it can help someone else with the same problem.

Thank you.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Switch price…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Photoshop video tutorials: 8 video tutorial websites for Photoshop

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…