java woes

J33 18:38 11 Oct 05

I have resently updated my java runtime enviroment and since then have faced numerous problems. Now when attempting to load an applet i recive the error "loading of java applet failed". Can anyone help me to resolve this problem thanks.

anchor 09:58 12 Oct 05

I recommend you use Microsoft Virtual machine which I find better, (and works with every Java site I have encountered. I installed Sun Java once, but removed it as the MS version worked better. - You can get it here:

click here

Ensure Java is enabled in Internet Explorer options. Open Internet Explorer, click on Tools menu on the top bar, select Internet Options, Advanced tab, scroll down to "JIT compiler for virtual machine enabled".
Ensure this ticked - If it isn't, click a tick in the box, apply, and then reboot your machine.

I have read that some firewalls can also cause problems. For example: In Zone alarm pro, look in the Privacy setting , Mobile Code control, there are 2 boxes referring to Java. If you have Zone Alarm, ensure they are not ticked.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…