java virus found but can't heal?!

Superstylin 15:31 19 Dec 04

hi, i ran avg anti virus (free edition) and it's found 3 infected, embedded objects, whatever that means! they're apparently named Java/ByteVerify and are in the sun/java files in Documents and Settings. avg finds them but apparently can't 'heal' them or move them to the virus vault. according avg's details the "virus abuses the security vulnerability in Java Virtual Machine described in MS03-011, which gives posibility of ruining potentially dangerous operation to java program (like working with files).

Trojan horse using this vulnerability changes Internet Explorer Home page.

The fix is available on Microsoft web pages like WindowsUpdate.Microsoft.com"

my homepage hasn't changed but still i'd rather have these things gotten rid of, oh and all my windows updates are upto date.

help??

VoG II 15:34 19 Dec 04
  Fruit Bat /\0/\ 15:34 19 Dec 04

Uninstall java in ADD/ Remove programs then get the latest Update of JAva on the Sun java site.

ACOLYTE 15:35 19 Dec 04

You can update sun java to version 1.04.6 to eliminate the threat,then go to control panel click other control panel options on side and select java plugin then goto the cache tab and clear it,this should get rid of them.

Superstylin 15:39 19 Dec 04

thanks v.much guys..all gone

Merry Xmas

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Xiaomi Mi5s review: The Xiaomi flagship that could replace your Samsung, LG, HTC or Apple phone

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Mental Canvas is a brand new drawing app that's quite unlike any other

New MacBook Pro 2016 review | MacBook Pro with Touch Bar review: Apple's super-expensive new…