Java update query

gel 07:50 03 Dec 08

Hi
I have just updated Java (TM) 6 update 10

Can I un-install Java(TM) 6 update 7 114.00 MB

Thank you
gel

rawprawn 08:50 03 Dec 08

Java update 6, 11 is now available. Get that and if v 6, 7 or 10 are still showing in Add / Remove programs uninstall them.

Stuartli 10:32 03 Dec 08

It's advised to Uninstall an earlier version(s) first before downloading and installing the new updated version.

mooly 12:44 03 Dec 08

I got prompted to install a new version. All went well, I didn't uninstall the old -- never have done, just followed the instructions.
Two things though. First, on the "get more info" tab that I clicked before actually installing, it specifically DID NOT mention any versions of Vista that the update appied to. It was all X.P. and older. I ran the "check which version you have" tool and that confirmed that I should update. Not good though ! Did a full back up just in case.
Second, after having installed it, a thank you box popped up thanking me for being a beta tester of the previous version. I have never knowingly installed a beta version !!! Only updates when prompted.

Sea Urchin 14:19 03 Dec 08

Old Java updates can be extremely reluctant to go using Add/Remove Programs - but the Windows Installer CleanUp Utility should remove them with ease

click here

gel 17:09 03 Dec 08

Thank you all very much.
I shall act accordingly
Gel

Stuartli 20:39 03 Dec 08

They will just build up unnecessarily on your system....

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Method Studios' title sequence for BBC series Taboo is truly unsettling

Best Pages for iOS tips | How to use Pages for iPad & iPhone: 6 simple tips to get more out of…