JAVA update/ not loading

Ventad 11:59 31 Aug 09

I get the error message saying cannot unzip. Java site says stop running jqs.exe in task manager I do not have it in T/M. I cannot even see java in control panel, ccleaner or revo uninstaller. I used to have it updated it last time, I do have Microsoft silverlight does anybody think that this has somehow deleted Java. OS Vista

rdave13 12:03 31 Aug 09

Had the same problem and all I could do was system restore on Vista. Will wait for auto update to see if that's better.

Ventad 15:47 31 Aug 09

Everything is working OK yet I cannot find Java anywhere. Are you saying that this was the case with you and that is why you did a system restore? I was wondering if ms silverlight had taken over.

mfletch 16:06 31 Aug 09

Hi go to

Start>My computer/C/drive/program files/

Right click on the java file and delete it,

Install the latest java

Ventad 16:34 31 Aug 09

Tried that but it will not let me even though I am logged on as administrator, says I need permission, cannot even right click and use as administrator.

rawprawn 16:34 31 Aug 09

What mfletch has said worked for me when I had exactly the same problem a short time ago.

Ventad 16:37 31 Aug 09

did you get the message you need permission, if so how did you overcome it

rawprawn 17:10 31 Aug 09

Which OS are you using?

rdave13 17:33 31 Aug 09

"Everything is working OK yet I cannot find Java anywhere. Are you saying that this was the case with you and that is why you did a system restore? I was wondering if ms silverlight had taken over"
Yes exactly the same. Even 'search' couldn't find it.

rawprawn 17:40 31 Aug 09

Just realised you are Vista
Delete the contents and folders of Java first, then delete the folder

Ventad 17:55 31 Aug 09

I will try that

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…