Java update installs google bar in explorer

So what's the crack. Having been notified of a java update and accepting I wonder why my antispyware is warning me about BHO etc. When its done I fire up explorer (not my default broswer) and the google bar now appears, so it gets disabled and I take a trip to add/remove programs to remove the offending article.
So why are Sun installing google software without asking the user first.

pidda666 13:38 08 Dec 05

I'm not 100% sure, but I think I remember a little box to untick during the installation process in order to not install the toolbar.

Pine Man 15:27 08 Dec 05

Have to confirm what pidda666 says, during the installation you were 'offered' the choice of yes or no to a Google tool bar.

As a matter of interest you are now 'offered' the same options when you install a fresh download of RealPlayer.

I Did not see any request but I was doing many things at the time so maybe I hit a key or it took a click while under another window.
Thanks all the same

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…