Java software is this needed for viewing websites

Giggle n' Bits 01:14 23 Jul 06

finding my xp machine is limited to viewing some websites or accessing media clips and watching in the bottom left bar of internet explorer I notice a quick line show then disapear saying java script error or something.

I haven nothing called Java installed in internet explorer is java a popular requirement with windows xp home ?

Also if it is where or who supplies java as microsoft down't seem to have it.

Finally if I do need it, is there any high virus risk involved when having Java on your machine

Did search java and seemed to get loads of stuff talking about java scripting which didn't make english.

Thanks to any available help.

sean-278262 01:21 23 Jul 06

Java is a programing language.

It is installed mainly for viewing webpages. Sites that commonly use it are online chat rooms. Other sites can use it to brighten their content so you may be missing out on your favourite sites.

Java or rather the stuff you would want to be installing is produced by Sun Microsystems.

click here

Not really any risk in having it as most people have it. Also most people have reasonably good precautions against viruses so as long as you are just as careful as ever it will cause no problems.

A

Giggle n' Bits 12:54 23 Jul 06

So I need the Jave but which do I donwload please.

Cheers in advance.

Ray5776 12:59 23 Jul 06

Java SE

VoG II 13:00 23 Jul 06

click here and just click Download now near the top of the page.

Giggle n' Bits 01:01 24 Jul 06

Had to search for my post cos Yahoo Mail is down as other Forum users have already found out.

sean-278262 01:58 24 Jul 06

Get gmail. So far it has been a lot more reliable than most other things I have tried.

click here

or drop me an email and will send you an invite.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Here's what should be coming to Adobe Project Felix in 2017

Apple AirPods review: Apple's beautiful new Bluetooth headphones bring true intelligence to…