//some 3rd party need geo

Java SDK

kentylad 09:34 28 Oct 03

I have just download the Sun JDK v1.4.2 in order to run a certain Java applet required for my uni course.

I have tried to set a CLASSPATH varibale in Win XP pro to point to the *.class files of the Java application, and the file I want to run is called DigSim.class. The application directory is C:\DigSim and the class files are within this directory (not another folder within) and hence the class path reads the same. (I have set the PATH variable to point to the Bin directory of the SDK and all the parts of the SDK i.e. Javac are recognised)

However, when I try and load the DigSim class file with appletviewer, it does not work. I am tryping (without speach marks) "appletviewer Digsim" in a cmd prompt window. When doing this, it seems as though something is loading and then it goes back to the prompt window.

Any ideas as to what I might be doing wrong? Have I set the CLASSPATH correct?

regards

Nick

kentylad 08:44 30 Oct 03

no java bofs here then?!

Taran 08:56 30 Oct 03

Try this:

appletviewer Digsim.html

That should load the applet viewer.

You may then have to use the File, Open command to play with your .class files.

I've not played with the SDK for ages, but I'm almost certain that's the way to pull up the applet viewer.

If I get the time later, I'll download the latest version and take a look at it.

kentylad 15:03 30 Oct 03

Cheers Taran I'll give it a go

Nick

kentylad 15:09 30 Oct 03

Right,

I have given it a go and DigSim has a *.shtml file which, when entered loads up perfectly in the Appletviewer.

However I should have specified beforehand the main reason I wanted to run the applet locally was to allow write access to my HDD; which I cannot get by loading it through IE. So, when I loaded the DigSim.shtml file, it did the same and wouldn't allow write access i.e. saving files, to my HDD

Hope you can help further

Nick

I done some java programing last year and i done all my programs in a test editor called textpad ( click here i think).

This then allows you to compile it and run it in a DOS window when compiled. Not quite the answer, but still a bit of advice that might allow it to work for you!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Google Allo? What is Google Duo? Google Allo UK release date rumours and features: Google…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These clever designs help visualise a complex intelligence tool

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…