java script gone wrong

micklemouse 12:45 15 Feb 04

I tried to insert a script thread for a mouse cursor trail on my website but it hasn't appeared for some reason; I've viewed the source but the text I pasted is not in there. The problem now is that when on the internet (anywhere) and I place my mouse over the text of a web page, the arrow has been replace by an upright line about 1cm with two short lines crossways top and bottom.

I know this sounds weird but I feel I've made a bad mistake; java can be very tricky I know and now I wish I hadn't done this.

When the mouse is over the links on a webpage I see the usual 'hand' pointer so that's ok.

micklemouse 12:48 15 Feb 04

just thought; I've got XP so would system restore solve this?

Eric10 13:55 15 Feb 04

The 'I' bar over text is normal. Mine does it and always has. The hand is normal for a link as is the pointer over blank space or pictures without a link.

By the way, most people find mouse trails irritating after the first few seconds.

anon1 14:25 15 Feb 04

you can make a mouse trail in the control panel so why mess around with java anyway

micklemouse 16:16 15 Feb 04

You have both put my mind to rest so thank you very much indeed. Bye!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…