java script

werzal 15:25 11 Oct 06

please help

my son has been playing on the cbeebies website but all of a sudden he cant play games or watch stories as it says "you must have java script enabled"

i have no idea?

^wave^ 16:27 11 Oct 06

they may have been button pressing and disabled java to enable go to tools internet options in internet explorer go to advanced tab and go down to sun java and see if its enabled

johndrew 16:31 11 Oct 06

What browser are you using?

If it`s Firefox have you got `NoScript` installed? Check at the lower right of the browser for a `No Entry` sign a blue `S` with a no entry embedded or a blue outline `S`.

When on a site that needs Javascript you need to left click on the former and either `Allow` the site if you trust it fully or allow it on a `temprary` basis otherwise.

Does this help?

wjrt 16:47 11 Oct 06

click here

download from here there is a link to a test site so download go to test site bookmak/add to favourites restart browser and check if ok

brundle 16:59 11 Oct 06

Java is not the same thing as Javascript.

In Internet Explorer go to Tools/internet options/security, make sure `Internet` is highlighted, click Default level, click Apply, then OK, refresh the page.

werzal 17:18 11 Oct 06

thanks for that it is all enabled all of the java bits there but its still not working any other ideas?

werzal 17:19 11 Oct 06

im using internet explorer so that doesnt apply does it?

werzal 17:20 11 Oct 06

i have just tried that and its not working still any other ideas?

werzal 17:41 11 Oct 06

i just tried with firefox and again i checked settings and made sure javascript was on, it is.
i go to the cbeebies website click on teletubbies and click on fun and games then click on my tellytubby land (the first top one) then it just says

"sorry, you need javascript enabled to view this flash movie"

werzal 17:47 11 Oct 06

i tried urs last only because my norton antivirus wouldnt let me out until i turned it off i verified my instalation and closed browser then re-opened and it worked many thanks you are a life saver a broken computer to a 2 year old and his favourite games on cbeebies is a no no so once again thankyou

brundle 17:47 11 Oct 06

Try doing this

****By Sramesh2k***

Go to Start/Run and type
"regsvr32 Shdocvw.dll" then
"regsvr32 Oleaut32.dll"
"regsvr32 Actxprxy.dll"
"regsvr32 Mshtml.dll"
"regsvr32 Urlmon.dll"
"SFC /SCANNOW" (you may need to press 'r' for retry many times)
Restart IE then "regsvr32 Shell32.dll"

If the script error continues to happen, reinstall Internet Explorer using the following method:

Click Start | Run | type "c:\windows\inf"

locate the file called "ie.inf" (hidden file).
Right click it and select "Install"
Internet explorer core files and shell will be reinstalled.

from here; click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…