Java script

billbod 17:52 09 Mar 04

When i connect to certain web sites and try to click on a link the bottom of my windows xp says java script void.Any suggestions please?

billbod 18:00 09 Mar 04

The particular page is yahoo cribbage, thanks for any help

anchor 09:40 10 Mar 04

Have you got Java installed, and enabled in IE?.

billbod 17:18 10 Mar 04

yes i now think its norton internet security.If i Close down the security i can acess the site .Tried to configure nortons but have,nt a clue really.Set all settings to default and protection to low but still no joy any help gratefully recieved

anchor 09:36 11 Mar 04

I have helped friends in the past with Java difficulties. This is the the routine I use:

First, remove Sun Java (if thats the one you have).

1: Install/Reinstall Microsoft Virtual machine; this can be downloaded here for all versions of Windows

click here

2. Open Internet Explorer, click on Tools menu on the top bar, select Internet Options, Advanced tab, scroll down to JIT compiler for virtual machine enabled.

Ensure this ticked - If it isn't, click a tick in the box, and then reboot your machine.

3. Firewall:

I have Zone alarm pro, and in the settings, Privacy, Mobile Code, there are 2 boxes referring to Java. Probably Norton I/Security has similar settings; check this.

4. An add-blocker can cause Java to not operate properly. If you have one, try disabling it.

5. You may have your IE security settings too high. Medium should be sufficient.

Note: This site will report if, and what version of Java, is installed.

click here

Try this site to see if the Java problem is general, or just confined to the Yahoo site.

click here

You should see a moving picture.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Amazon Fire HD 8 review: A brilliant combination of function and value – with one massive caveat

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to create an introvert-friendly workplace

Apple Watch 2 review | Apple Watch Series 2 review: New Apple Watch is faster, brighter, water-resit…