Java Runtime Environment 6 Update 10 update

sunny staines 09:27 16 Oct 08

Uninstall previous Java installation from add\remove programs first.

click here

desi3026 09:55 16 Oct 08

Thanks sunny staines,always have trouble with this one.Although I always get rid of older versions,the Secunia sweep still insists that they are still there.Anyway,have got the new version downloaded and installed.
Regards

desi3026 09:58 16 Oct 08

sorry,please disregard my previous message,what I meant was that I always have trouble in getting rid of old Adobe Flash programmes,which incidentally a new version of that is available today.The Jave was ok.

sunny staines 10:21 16 Oct 08

good to see your sorted

birdface 10:51 16 Oct 08

Hi.Is this a Beta version or the real thing.I am still on update 7 and I thought that was the latest.Also Flash update says IE at the end of it.Does that mean Internet Explorer or is it safe to download that also. click here

sunny staines 10:57 16 Oct 08

the beta update 10 came out a while back. i think this is the real thing.

sunny staines 10:58 16 Oct 08

your link goes to flash player not java

birdface 11:12 16 Oct 08

Hi.Yes sorry I was asking if it was also safe to run the Flash update as well as it said IE on the end of it.Is it only for folk that Use Internet Explorer.

brundle 11:16 16 Oct 08

I don't install Java on the systems I look after any more. Unless there is a specific need for it, 99% of browsing remains totally unaffected by its absence. Try browsing without it for a day or two..(unless you use broadband speedtests all the time or the odd gaming site)...

brundle 11:20 16 Oct 08

The vulnerabilities in older versions allowed really hard-to-remove nasties like Virtumonde in too.
Note I'm not referring to Javascript, which is used all over the place.

click here

jolorna 11:57 16 Oct 08

my java doesn't show a update

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

An overview: What leading creative agencies are doing to improve diversity

New iPad, iPhone SE & Red iPhone 7 on sale now