Java query

willo500 00:40 14 Dec 03

Hi
I have installed mozilla 1.5 and IE6 both of which use java 1.4 without problems. I recently installed Avant browswer but find that java does not run with it. i have tried the java control panel on my pc but under the browser tab it only lists IE and Mozilla with boxes to tick to enable Java on each of these. They are ticked. What do I need to do to get Java running on Avant please?

willo500 21:28 14 Dec 03

Is there anyone able to help with this cos id really appreciate it? Thanks.

canard 21:41 14 Dec 03

I THINK [rom reading PCA contributors] that Avast is descended from/related to IE. IF this is correct you'd tick the IE box. It would help to get confirmation from one of PCA's bigger brains.

VoG II 21:55 14 Dec 03

Yes Canard is correct (except that it is Avant, not Avast) click here

keenan 22:26 14 Dec 03

Do you have latest version click here
click here for further advice.

keenan 22:30 14 Dec 03

must stop 'nodding off' while posting.

VoG II 22:32 14 Dec 03

ZZzz..

Pardon?

willo500 23:24 14 Dec 03

Thank you for ur replies but i already have the ie box ticked (and the Mozilla box) there is no other box for avant. Any other ideas?

canard 19:46 15 Dec 03

Willo they were trying to explain that you should tick the IE box because you have Avant- which you have done and that the Mozilla box should be unchecked.

willo500 19:20 17 Dec 03

HI chaps i have tried all the advice here but without success. Maybe Avant is not for me after all. Thanks anyway for your efforts.

bill sykes 20:08 17 Dec 03

I'm using it at the moment and it is working fine on Win XP (sorry, it's not what you want to hear, I know).
Have you checked the Advanced tab under IE Internet Options - mine has a checked box "Java (Sun) Use Java 2 1.4.2_02 for <applet>(requires restart)". Hope this helps, but persevere with Avant, it's a good browser.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…