Java problems

micklemouse 12:55 10 Feb 06

Long story! Was told by Trend Micro that to use online adware scan had to have Java enabled - which I thought I had. I looked under Advanced tab (internet explorer) to find java config. as

"Java Console enabled - requires restart", NOT ticked.

"Java logging enabled", NOT ticked.

"JIT compiler for virtual machine enabled - requires restart", TICKED.

Although I can change the ticks around, to get the settings to stick I can't get rid of the "restart" each time I restart, and end up still with no java. (Confused??)

Trend Micro advised me to install Java Runtime Environment ver.6 which I have done, but that won't work either and requires restart endlessly. I have checked my Start > Set Program Access and Defaults but Java Runtime isn't there, but the Virtual Machine is. However, I cannot get the tick to stay in "Enable Access to this program".

So in short, I have no Java. And Java doesn't want me.

micklemouse 12:57 10 Feb 06

p.s. I enbabled Internet and Trusted Zones access to the internet in my Zone Alarm Firewall for the Java Runtime Environment when it was installed. I also use an Anti-virus - McAfee ver.10

micklemouse 14:08 10 Feb 06

Fool that I am, I realise now the "Requires Restart" prompt will always be diplayed no matter what the setting lol. Well at least now I have tested the Sun Java and it is working,, but I don't have it in my Start > Set Program Access and Defaults"...

Too bad. I'm happy now.

Regards Micklemouse

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sony Xperia XZ Premium review: Hands-on with the new 4K HDR phone with Motion Eye camera and Snapdr5…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best laptop for design and art 2017: we test Apple, Dell, HP, Lenovo and Microsoft's best models…

CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: Get the most from…