A Java Install.

peter99co 22:42 23 Jul 08

Based on the Speakers Corner Forum article.... What kind of bird is this?

I notice that to veiw the camera I need a Java set-up.

If I install Java does it run automatically when reqd. or do I have to change controls to use it.

tasslehoff burrfoot 23:23 23 Jul 08

I'm not sure I fully understand the question, but once installed, the JVM should kick into action when needed.

peter99co 11:05 24 Jul 08

There is a post in speakers corner which requires Java to view image on a Panama Canal cctv

I get an impression that if installed you need to enable and disable it between IE and Java according to which websites you may visit.
ie leave machine using IE and when a Java site is encountered enable Java. It would appear that between enable/disable a restart is reqd.

I also am confused. Hense the question

brundle 11:12 24 Jul 08

No need to restart the browser, it will start whenever a web page requires it as already stated. You can prevent that with browser security settings if required.

tasslehoff burrfoot 13:27 24 Jul 08

Thing of it as a plugin for your browser which enables you to view java content.

There are some potential security problems so it can be disabled and then you would have to enable it whenever you want to view such content on a site that you consider to be safe.

Or you could have it enabled all the time for minimal fuss.

peter99co 21:00 24 Jul 08

Thanks for that I think it all makes sense now.

In Internet Options under Sun Java I can remove if I want to, the tick and after a restart I am using IE only.

I have Java active for now and will leave it at that unless I find it is not really being used.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…