Java Is Driving Me Mad?

mothercat 15:45 19 Nov 07

The Java Runtime Environment cannot be loaded from C:\PROGRA~1\Java\JRE16.0_0\bin\server\jvm.dll>

Erased Re-Installed, Checked-Updated,etc etc etc.
Went to the java.com site and got the message: The Java Runtime Environment cannot be loaded from C:\PROGRA~1\Java\JRE16.0_0\bin\server\jvm.dll>???
Using windows-xp both browsers Explorer 7 and Firefox both give the same message...

Any solutions, apart from jumping in the river!
Regards
Joe

brundle 15:52 19 Nov 07

Latest version should be looking in Program Files\Java\jre1.6.0_03\

Remove Java again, run CCleaner's registry cleaner click here, install Java (latest here) click here

birdface 15:53 19 Nov 07

Delete all versions of Java in add remove,Then run C Cleaner then install the latest version 6 update 3.And see if that works.Remember version6 update3.

birdface 15:58 19 Nov 07

Hi looks as though I will have to brush up my typing skills.You are to quick for me.

mothercat 21:53 19 Nov 07

Finally I can see my charts, many thanks.

After numerous downloads and failed instillations I noticed two programmes on Internet Explorer! Force Field and something called Visual Trace! For a start they were taking up most of the top of my screen and did not seem to be doing much so I uninstalled both.

Bingo, Java installed no problem and worked.. By by Force Field and Visual Trace.
Thanks again to all
Kind regards
Joe.
PS Just one more item? What is 'Explorer Live' Do I need it and why does an -update- for this item appear every time I connect to the internet!

bluto1 22:04 19 Nov 07

I suggest you start another thread for Explorer Live. It'll most likely be quicker to getting it resolved.

birdface 13:15 21 Nov 07

I cant find anything for[ explorer live ] except maybe yahoo toolbar.maybe someone else will come up with something.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sniper Elite 4 review: Headshotting Nazis has never felt so good

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Framestore’s haunting post-WWII title sequence for new BBC series SS-GB

New iOS 11 release date rumours UK | new features coming to Siri, FaceTime, Messages and Video