Java do I need it?

gel 21:07 31 Mar 05

Hello
I previously posted a question Java what is it ?
and I had a good responce and I understand Java a little more.
Now I find that having updated Java I have 2 entries J2SE runtime environments 5.0( size 71.76MB) and J2SE runtime environments 5.0 update 2 (size 117.00MB)These programmes are rather large-so my question is do I need Java
I shall be grateful for a comment
Thank you
gel

Paranoid Android 21:10 31 Mar 05

Certain web-based apps require Java runtime to be installed. If you remove Java runtime they simply won't work until you re-install it. There is relatively little risk in removing it because it can easily be re-installed later.

Marvin

Paranoid Android 21:10 31 Mar 05

Certain web-based apps require Java runtime to be installed. If you remove Java runtime they simply won't work until you re-install it. There is relatively little risk in removing it because it can easily be re-installed later.

Marvin

Paranoid Android 21:11 31 Mar 05

Marvin

Paranoid Android 21:11 31 Mar 05

Sorry about that.

mattyc_92 21:13 31 Mar 05

Short answer??? mostly YES, you do need it...

Dan the Doctus 21:18 31 Mar 05

Yup, keep it as a lot of websites require it to be installed. You can test your installation of Java by going to click here

Paranoid Android 21:18 31 Mar 05

My comments assumed that you are talking about Java runtime environment (J2SE) not Java support in web browsers.

Marv

Jak_1 21:30 31 Mar 05

Make sure you have the Sun Java and not the microshaft version.

click here gives all the info you need.

gel 07:23 01 Apr 05

Thanks for all your comments Yes it is Java runtime environment (J2SE) and update that I have installed.The test suggested by'Dan the Doctus' confirmed this.
Very grateful
gel

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…