Java Debug I need it?

wotbus@ 17:47 22 Mar 03

I think the short answer is Yes...but...I have just received a well intended e-mail from a friend, who tells me I should search for a file (jdbgmgr.exe) and if I have it I should delete it as its a virus!. First, I ran my Virus Scan which proved negative. Then I searched for the file in question and that proved positive. Conclusion; perhaps its not a Virus. I know Java is something to do with script but not much more. The properties box of my jdbgmgr.exe tells me its a MS Debugger Register for Java and I have had it a long time!. In my quest for more info I have observed the logo (or icon) for Java is a Coffee Cup (not surprising really) but the logo or icon for my .exe file which sits in Windows\System is a TeddyBear. Should that tell me something?. I dont really want an in-depth description of Java but I assume having a de-bug manager would be a good thing. Perhaps someone could help me rest easy on this one. Thanks in advance.

powerless 17:51 22 Mar 03

It's a big HOAX. That file is needed by the Operating system.

So keep it, do not delete - DO NOT delete it.

wotbus@ 17:57 22 Mar 03

great guys.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…