Java

Bill90210 18:25 16 Jul 03

I want to use Java to create a more professional look on my site but instead of downloading one from the net, I'd like to create my own.
Does anyone know how I would go about this?
Thanx for any replies

Taran 02:41 17 Jul 03

A professional look does not come from using Java or any of the other useful and usable web languages for that matter.

If you want a professional look, you need to spend some time in graphics design, colour scheme selection and, most important of all, in the page and site layout.

The information the site is presenting (goods for sale, services offered, information presented and so on) are the most important features of any site that expects to do well. You can achieve this end result using plain old fashioned HTML or any one of the other web page languages.

If you want to learn JavaScript there are loads of free resources on the web and a simple text editor like Notepad or Arachnophilia will do to write your code in.

Try these links for JavaScript learning material:

click here

click here

click here

click here

Your site layout and appearance in conjunction with its content carries far more weight than the vast majority of the JavaScript or DHTML bells and whistles you see.

Take a look at the BBC website for a professional looking site that does a wonderful job of presenting information to the public.

Taran 02:42 17 Jul 03

I forgot my favourite JavaScript link, so here it is:

click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…