Simpsonleys 22:24 23 Apr 05

Opera gives the option of installing with or without Java. Can someone tell me the pros and cons for installing with java. Thanks

octal 22:29 23 Apr 05

You may already have Javasun installed on your computer, so there would be no point in downloading it again, this site will test it for you: click here

Of course, its a smaller download without Javasun.

Simpsonleys 22:32 23 Apr 05

I was really after whether it is advisable to install Java - does it pose any threat to security etc

octal 22:42 23 Apr 05

Not really a threat, why not install Opera without Java it if its not already on your computer and install Java if its needed? Its used in some chat rooms and certain other on-line applications like data bases. I do use it occasionally. Most computers its already installed, if you test it on my link and it says its an old version its worth upgrading to the new version because there was some security issues with the old version.

Simpsonleys 22:46 23 Apr 05

I'll test it as you suggest

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…